Thursday, February 3, 2011

Skull Kid


This was just a quick "exercise" for me to get the hang of using symbols in Flash along with traditional frame by frame animation. This process was something I picked up while interning at Augenblick Studios. I had never used symbols while working in Flash, so it took me a bit to figure out how to make them work. Once you get the hang of it, it's a nice way to cut down on production time. Also, this process is great because it keeps your workspace tidy. Since you are animating within a symbol, you can make more complex animations without having a bunch of layers clutter your timeline. Thanks to whomever at Augenblick Studios for coming up with this process!
(I'm still getting reacquainted with my tablet, but I like the wiggle)

2 comments:

Ian Tirone said...

that looks pretty baller

Stuart said...

bad, ass... Ryan, you are in KC right? If so lets make some crazy flash animation...


stu